1.05.2017

First comes love.

When I found out I was pregnant last March, I was pretty excited. Joe and I had been thinking about having kids for over a year, but we were going with the flow (a la "it would happen when it happened"). Well, after it not happening for over a year, I started to worry. Okay, that's a lie. I always worry—I just started to worry more.

So my excitement at peeing on a stick (three times just to be sure) and seeing a positive result felt like a long time coming. Afterwards, I hid the positive pregnancy tests on the very top shelf of our bathroom as I thought over how I should tell the hubs. I knew this was a safe spot since Joe is kind of short and the top shelf of our bathroom is pretty much off limits to anyone under 6 ft.

I posted the video of how I told Joe the news on Instagram when we were ready to share the news with the world (or realistically, all of my 124 Instagram followers). And even though Joe argues that he knew what was coming, if you watch the video I think you'll see genuine surprise on his face.



Fast foward 9 months and our little babe is here and I can't even believe it. Mostly because, I'm still in awe of how he came to be. Feeling him grow and kick inside my tummy for 9 months is one thing, but to meet him and hold him—it's crazy. From his perfect ears to his little toes, my body helped him grow. While I continued on with my day-to-day, heading to work, playing fetch with louie, cooking dinner with joe at night, bingeing on Stranger Things, my body was busy making this perfect little human that I now get to snuggle. How amazing is that?

And speaking of baby snuggles, I think I'm going to go get a little more from baby Wells right now.

1 comment:

  1. *This is not Jeff Excell*
    I've loved seeing you become a mom. You have such a darling little family. Heart. Hugs. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete